My husband and boys love chili. It’s definitely a man’s meal. Throughout the years I’ve tried different recipes and never loved any of them. While browsing Aldi one day I found these Red Gold cans of chili starter. It’s basically seasoned tomatoes 🍅, but the seasoning is perfect. It makes the BEST chili. My family loves it and so do I. I call this weeknight chili because it is super quick and easy and perfect for a busy weeknight meal. But this would be a perfect comfort meal on a Sunday night as well.
BTW: No spoons required. We use big tortilla chips as spoons 🥄 and I don’t think there is any other way.
Adapted from the back of the Red Gold can
- 2 pounds of lean ground beef
- 2 cans of Red Gold Tomatoes Chili Starter
- 2 cans of of low sodium red kidney beans
- 1 can(8 oz.) of tomato sauce
- 1 cup of water
- salt and pepper
- Brown the ground beef in a large sauce pan. While cooking season with salt and pepper.
- Drain the beef and return to the pan.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for about a half hour.
- Top with Mexican cheese, scallions and a dollop of sour cream.
2 Comments Add yours
Goodness! That is too easy and it looks and sounds so good. I may have to look for this.
It’s really perfect and so easy! Let me know what you think. ☺️