I’m more of a cook than a baker, but I love simple recipes, especially if it’s my Grandma’s recipe. 😊 These Simple “Italian” Cookies were my mom’s favorite when she was a kid. I absolutely LOVE 💗 that these are also my kid’s favorite! How sweet is that? These may not be “Italian” at all, but my mom named them. 🤣 According to her, everything is Italian! I store these in the freezer and that’s the only way we eat them; right out of the freezer sprinkled with powdered sugar. These are also the perfect cookie to dunk in your coffee. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do.
- 5 cups of flour
- 2 cups of confectioner’s sugar
- 2 tablespoons of baking powder
- 1 cup of Crisco
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla
- Preheat oven to bake 425.
- Put flour, sugar and baking powder in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Cut in Crisco and mix well.
- Put the eggs and vanilla in the bowl and mix very well.
- Knead the dough on a floured service for about five minutes.
- Flatten the dough out until it is all the same thickness. These puff up so make them about a 1/2″ thick.
- Use a small cookie cutter. The smaller the better. Cut out the cookies until all the dough is used.
- Place them on a greased cookie sheet and bake for about 10 minutes.
If you liked this recipe you’ll also like: