With Easter around the corner most of us will have a lot of hard boiled eggs hanging around. In my house we actually love hard boiled eggs with a little salt and pepper, so we have them around all the time. As easy as egg salad is, for some reason I don’t make it a lot. I always loved egg salad as a kid and still do. My son Dominick loves it also! So we shared some for lunch and it was filling and delicious.
If you need to know how to get perfect hard boiled eggs, follow the link below. Good ole Martha:
***My posts contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.***
Simple Egg Salad
- 8 hard boiled eggs
- About 2 tablespoons of mayo(start with less and add more as needed)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 stalk of celery, diced small
- Small of amount of onion, about 2 tablespoons, diced small(I used red onion this day, but you can use whatever type of onion you have)
- Peel the eggs and put in a medium bowl.
- Cut into chunks with fork and knife.
- Add mayo and mix by smashing with a fork so it is all combined. (You don’t want to drench it in mayo. It just needs a little bit to coat it.) My mom doesn’t add anything else at this point and it is still delicious!!
- Add the celery, onion, salt and pepper and mix until combined.
Serve on toasted buns, with crackers or just like that!!
If you like this recipe, you will also like…
Uncle Joe’s Simple Salad
Italian Salad(Pasta or no Pasta)
Kid-Friendly Breakfast Options