Artichoke hearts alone can make me a very happy person! It’s a known fact that they are the best part of the artichoke!! Coat them in breadcrumbs, fry ’em up and serve with a dipping sauce; I’m ready to party!
I always loved these as a kid and I love them as an adult. It is the perfect appetizer for any occasion. I think they are sort of fancy and have always thought of it as a Christmas Eve or New Year’s Eve sort of appetizer.
Pan Fried Artichoke Hearts
- Drain artichokes and pat until completely dry.
- In a coating tray, crack the egg in one tray and whisk.
- Put the breadcrumbs in a separate tray.
- Toss each artichoke heart in the egg and then coat with breadcrumbs.
- Put them aside until all are done and you are ready to fry.
- In a large skillet put enough oil so that it is about 1 inch high. Heat on medium high heat.
- When oil is ready, put several artichoke hearts in the skillet and let them brown. When they are browned on the one side, turn them over with tongs and let them brown on the other side.
- When you remove them, place them on a paper towel lined dish.
- When all the artichoke hearts are done put them on a serving platter and serve with a Simple Crushed Tomato Sauce for dipping.
If you liked this, you will love…