If you haven’t noticed, I make a lot of soup. Soup is usually easy, quick , comforting and delicious. There are two things that are a must have in soup if you intend on feeding your family at dinner time. Meat and Pasta of course! Without them a soup is more of an appetizer than a family meal. My family can eat, so I have to be able to fill them up or I’m in trouble.
Every time I go to Trader Joe’s I make sure I pick up a bag of mini Ravioli in their pasta section. I always have them in my pantry. They are really tiny, so they are perfect for kids and soup. Feel free to use any ravioli you have on hand, just adjust the cooking time per directions on the package.
***My posts contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.***
Click here to shop some of my favorite items.
Adapted by: Feel Good Foodie
- Olive oil
- 2 small onions, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb. of mild italian sausage(ground, out of casing)
- 4 large tomatoes, diced or 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of tomato paste or crushed tomato sauce(either or will work)
- 8 cups of water
- 1 bag of Trader Joe’s mini ravioli(16 oz.)
- fresh basil and parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- grated pecorino romano cheese
- In a large saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and saute until tender.
- Add the garlic and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the sausage and cook until brown. Use a wooden spoon to break it up into little pieces while it is cooking.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the diced tomatoes and stir.
- Add the tomato paste or sauce and stir, while scraping all the brown bits off the bottom of the pan.
- Add the water and stir.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Add the basil and parsley and the ravioli.
- Bring to a boil and cook per directions on the package.
- Remove from the heat and serve. Top each bowl with grated cheese.
If you like this recipe, you will also like:
Feeding the Fam on a budget
2 Comments Add yours
This looks quite delicious!
It’s quick, easy and delicious.