I love stuffed peppers, but it is a big job. I usually like to roast the peppers a little before I even stuff them so they are soft, otherwise my family only eats what’s in the pepper. So, all that work for them to pick around the actual pepper. Hence, the Stuffed Pepper Stir Fry! It is much easier than the traditional stuffed peppers. It is perfect for a quick weeknight dinner.
***My posts contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.***
Click here to shop some of my favorite items.
Stuffed Pepper Stir Fry
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 pounds of ground Italian sausage
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 cups of chopped peppers (sweet bell peppers, sweet long peppers, cubanelle, etc…)
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
- 3 cups of instant white rice
- 3 cups of low sodium chicken broth
- 8 oz. can of tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons of Italian Parsley, chopped
- Heat the oil in a deep saute pan.
- Add the sausage and brown. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain the sausage and set it aside.
- Add the peppers and onions to the pan. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until tender.
- Add garlic and cook for one more minute.
- Remove from the heat and set aside until needed.
- Cook your instant rice per directions on the box (use chicken broth instead of water)
- Combine the veggies and the sausage. Stir and reheat.
- Add sauce. Cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add parsley and remove from the heat.
- I like to serve it with the rice in the bottom of the bowl and top it with the Stuffed Pepper Stir Fry.
If you enjoyed this recipe you will also like…
Shrimp with Red Beans and Rice 🍤
Sausage and Peppers
One Comment Add yours