I found these little bitty mini pesto filled tortellini at Trader Joe’s. They do not have to be refrigerated since they are not filled with cheese. So, they’ve been hanging out in my pantry waiting to be used. After writing up the spinach tortellini soup recipe, I have been on a tortellini kick! I think I have to stop eating tortellini…
This is another super easy, delicious dinner. Perfect for a weeknight when you are rushing around.
***My posts contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.***
Click here to shop your favorite Pampered Chef Products.
Mini Tortellini, Sausage, and Spinach
- 1 pound of Italian Sausage, out of the casing
- 1/2 of an onion, chopped small
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2(28 oz) cans of crushed tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 big handfuls of baby spinach
- 1 bag of Trader Joe’s pesto filled tortellini or any tortellini you prefer
- Optional: 1/4 cup of half and half or heavy cream
- Pecorino Romano cheese
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil.
- Cook tortellini per directions on bag. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet brown the sausage.
- Then add the onion and cook with the sausage until the onion is tender.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add the crushed tomatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir and bring to a simmer.
- Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add the spinach and stir until wilted.
- If using half and half or cream stir that in now.
- Put all the cooked tortellini in the sauce and combine.
- Top with grated pecorino romano and ENJOY!
If you enjoyed this recipe, you have to try these…
Spinach Tortellini Soup
Baked Ziti with Sausage
Orecchiette with Sausage, Mushrooms, and Tomatoes