So, I love my smoothies and I love my acai bowls and I really love make ahead meals that are healthy! This is basically a smoothie made into individual servings and frozen till you are ready to eat, just like the acai. Or make your smoothie and pour it over peanut butter and granola. And eat immediately!
There is one thing you will definitely need before you get started on your smoothie making skills. You have to have a good quality blender. I LOVE my NINJA! I have the old model and love it.
***My posts contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.***
- 1 cup of spinach or kale or both(I use spinach)
- 1 tablespoon of Chia seeds(Or Flax seeds or both)
- 2 Bananas(I keep plenty in the freezer cut in half so when I need them I have them. Make sure you peel them first.)
- 2 cups of mixed berries(I get the big bag of triple berry blend at BJ’s. You can use whatever variety you like. There’s tropical blend or just strawberries. Sometimes I put the fruit that is gonna go bad in a day or two in the freezer and use that.)
- 1 cup – 2 cups of almond milk(I can’t live without the Califia Toasted Coconut. It’s really good!)
- Place all the ingredients in your blender and blend with as much almond milk as needed to get it to the consistency you like.
- This should make enough to prepare 4 plastic containers (2-cup containers filled halfway).
- Cover and store in the freezer so they will be ready to go. We grab these for breakfast, lunch, snacks and dessert!
Top with peanut butter, granola and your favorite fruit.
If you like this recipe, you will also like
Whole Wheat Banana Muffins