Many people enjoy ordering pizza on a Friday night. It’s affordable, fills the family and no one has to cook. We just can’t seem to find a good pizza place to order from in Florida. It stinks!
That’s why I usually make homemade pizza on Friday nights. It’s still affordable and fills the family, but I DO have to cook. It is quick and yummy though!
Publix makes it easy with the pizza dough already flattened out!
- 2 packages of pizza dough(I buy the ones already flattened out from Publix.)
- olive oil
- 2 cans of tomato sauce(I buy plain tomato sauce, but you can buy a can of pizza sauce if you prefer)
- salt and pepper
- crushed red pepper
- shredded or whole mozzarella(If whole, slice thin)
- grated pecorino romano cheese
- Pre-heat your oven to 450.
- Lightly oil the pizza pan and heat it in the oven for a few minutes.
- Stretch the pizza dough a little until it fits the pan.
- Spray the dough with olive oil.
- Spread on as much sauce as you’d like.
- Sprinkle on a little pepper, crushed red pepper and oregano.
- Add the mozzarella and grated cheese.
- Top with pepperoni or any topping of your choice.
- Spray with more olive oil and bake at 450 degrees till it’s nice and crispy! My new oven has a pizza setting which is amazing! The pizza cooks in a really short time at a high temperature. It tastes the best like that.
2 Comments Add yours